Replacement lens for HDS Systems EDC flashlights Made from ultra-clear glass enhanced with anti-reflective coating on both sides.
Installation instructions from HDS Systems
Do not touch the reflective surface of the reflector - the reflective surface cannot be cleaned - touching the reflective surface will damage it. Do not touch the LED - touching the LED will damage it.
- Unscrew the head from the battery compartment. Set the battery compartment aside.
- The reflector holds the bezel and head together. When you unscrew the bezel from the head, the reflector normally stays with the bezel. However, sometimes the reflector will stay with the head. The procedure changes depending on which circumstance happens.
- Reflector stays with the head. Put the head on the table reflector up. Tap the lens gently with your finger nail so it is sitting on the reflector. Keeping the head on the table, continue unscrewing the bezel, taping the lens every half turn or so. When the bezel is free, carefully lift it straight up and set it aside. You should be left with the head, reflector, the lower O-ring, the glass lens and possibly the upper O-ring in the stack.
- Reflector stays with the bezel. Set the head aside, LED side up. Using a strap wrench, unscrew the reflector from the bezel until the O-ring is exposed and stop there - you should now be able to use your fingers to finish unscrewing the reflector. Put the bezel/reflector assembly bezel up on the table - i.e., it will be sitting on the flat end of the reflector. Tap the lens gently with your finger nail so it is sitting on the reflector. Keeping the reflector on the table, continue unscrewing the bezel, taping the lens every half turn or so. When the bezel is free, carefully lift it straight up and set it aside. You should be left with the reflector, the lower O-ring, the glass lens and possibly the upper O-ring in the stack.
- If the upper O-ring is not on the lens, carefully remove it from the bezel and set it aside. If the upper O-ring is on the lens, carefully pick it up and set it aside.
- Pick up the lens. If the lower O-ring sticks to the lens, remove it and carefully set it back on the reflector in the O-ring groove. Set the lens aside.
- Set the new lens centered over the reflector and lower O-ring. Verify the lower O-ring is seated in the O-ring groove.
- Place the upper O-ring on the lens directly above the lower O-ring.
- Carefully place the bezel over the stack and screw it down. Ensure that the O-rings sit in their little grooves and do not come out and get pinched. If the reflector stayed with the bezel during disassembly, lift the stack off the table keeping it in the same orientation and place it on the head and screw the reflector into the head. Tighten everything by grabbing the bezel and head. You only need to tighten until the gaps between the bezel, reflector and head are gone - do not over tighten.